Veteran's Memorial Park Established in 2004
The park is located on the corner of 2nd Ave NE & 2nd St NE.
This high bluff that overlooks Buffalo Lake first served our community as Taylor’s Union Cemetery, donated for public use by town founder Jackson Taylor. The cemetery was moved to the present Lakeview Cemetery location in 1895, and this block became a city park. Being the highest point in the village, the first water tower was built here in 1919. Much of the block in 1950 was then used for the new city hospital. In 2004, it now returns to its use as a city park – a memorial to our founders, and to those who have served our city, state, and country.