The City of Buffalo offers residential and commercial energy rebates designed to help customers conserve energy and save money. Download the Rebate form to see qualifications and follow instructions on how to submit your rebate. Please contact our Electric Department for any questions by emailing or calling 763-682-5370.
We Save Home Info Rebate Sheet (PDF)
- Central AC Tune-Up (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you have a qualifying Central A/C Tune-Up performed by a licensed and insured heating/cooling contractor.
- Custom Residential Rebate (PDF) – Making changes to an existing home or building a new home and installing energy efficient equipment that you don’t see listed above? There’s a chance you could be eligible for a Custom Residential Rebate. The key is energy savings. Contact us to find out if your project qualifies.
- Energy Star Appliance (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you Purchase a new ENERGY STAR® certified appliance OR Recycle an operating refrigerator or freezer.
- Q.I. Central AC / ASHP (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you install a qualifying Quality Installed (Q.I.) central air conditioner or air source heat pump.
- Residential LED Lighting & Ceiling Fan (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you purchase energy efficient LED lighting for your home. To qualify for rebate, LED products must be ENERGY STAR® certified or Design Lights Consortium® (DLC) qualified.
Commercial & Industrial Rebates
We Save Business Info Rebate Sheet (PDF)
- Custom Rebate Application & Instructions (PDF) - Customers can earn a Custom Rebate when they purchase and install energy efficient equipment or take other measures to reduce their energy consumption. The key is energy savings.
- Lighting - LED Rebate Guide (PDF) - Rebates are available for LED products on ENERGY STAR or DesignLights Consortium (DLC) Qualified Products lists.
- Lighting - New Construction (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you purchase and install qualifying lighting in a new building or an addition to, or major renovation of, an existing building.
- Lighting - Retrofit (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you replace existing lighting with qualifying, energy-efficient lighting.
- Variable Frequency Drive (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you purchase and install a new Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) on HVAC and non-HVAC systems including fans and pumps.
Custom Rebates (Pre-Approval required)
You can save energy and earn a rebate when you purchase and install qualifying, energy-efficient equipment or take other measure to reduce energy consumption. Please contact emailing
Projects that may qualify include:
- High volume, low speed fan
- High efficiency chiller
- Rooftop AC units
- Air compressor
- Refrigeration technologies
- Commercial food service equipment
- Fast acting doors
- Variable Frequency Drives >200 hp
- Evaporator fan motor control
- Anti-sweat heat control