October 14, 2022 Update
Good news – the sidewalk pavers were completed ahead of schedule. Paving of the 1st lift of bituminous pavement is also complete. The project is at a point where the road can be opened to traffic for this weekend. The contractor will remove the barricades late this afternoon and the road will be open for the weekend.
Starting early Monday morning, the road will need to be closed back up again for the following remaining work next week:
- Trees, plants, and mulch installation
- Temporary striping
- Bituminous ramping of curb edges
We anticipate all work to be complete and roadway to be back open for the remainder of the year starting later in the day on Wednesday, October 19.
Next spring, the final lift of bituminous pavement will be placed, and permanent striping will occur. This will be limited to 2 partial days of street closure.
October 6, 2022 Update
- All watermain and water service work is complete as of Monday 10/3
- All spot concrete curb and gutter replacement is complete as of Tuesday 10/4
- Street excavation and placement of the sand and gravel street base material will occur from 10/6 through 10/11
- Paving of the roadway is scheduled for either 10/12 or 10/13
- Sidewalk paver repairs will occur the week of 10/17
- Tree planting and landscape planting in the mid-block bump outs and irrigation will occur the week of 10/17
Thanks to the hard efforts of all contractors and favorable weather, the project schedule is approximately 1 week ahead of schedule.
September 13, 2022
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out anytime to Kyle DeWolf on site at 320-979-0681 or myself at 320-905-2704. Thank you for your patience and understanding during the project. It is truly appreciated.
The City of Buffalo is improving the roadway and utilities for 1 block of Division Street between Central Ave. and 1st Ave. E. The project includes improvements to the water system and street re-construction. All improvements are paid for by the City of Buffalo Capital Improvement Program and not subject to special assessments.
See the Engineering/Road Project page on our website for all the details.