Events, Vendors & Food Truck Permits

Special Events

Special Events are defined as any parade, race, procession, carnival, community picnic, celebration, fundraiser, dance, concert, large assembly, or other special event on City property within the corporate limits of the City of Buffalo. The full City of Buffalo Special Events Policy is attached to the Special Events Permit (PDF) A completed application must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the first date of the event.  Your event may also require a Temporary Liquor License (PDF) or other separate permits as needed (see permits below). 

Vending Booth or Stand (Non-Mobile)

Vending Booth or Stand Application (PDF) must be submitted at least one week before event for approval. The vendor is also responsible for obtaining any food & health licenses as needed. See City Code Ch 12-Article III for further information on City regulations.

Mobile Food Unit (Food Truck or Trailer)

Mobile Food Unit Applications (PDF) must be submitted at least 1-2 weeks prior to event. Please see submittal checklist for additional documents needed as well as a copy of your State License.  Visit the MN Department of Health website for information on obtaining a State License.  See City Code Ch 12-Article V for further information on City regulations regarding Mobile Food Units.