The City of Buffalo offers residential and commercial energy rebates designed to help customers conserve energy and save money. Download the Rebate form to see qualifications and follow instructions on how to submit your rebate. Please contact our Electric Department for any questions by emailing or calling 763-682-5370.
- Central AC Tune-Up (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you have a qualifying Central A/C Tune-Up performed by a licensed and insured heating/cooling contractor.
- Energy Star Appliance (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you Purchase a new ENERGY STAR® certified appliance OR Recycle an operating refrigerator or freezer.
- Q.I. Central AC / ASHP (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you install a qualifying Quality Installed (Q.I.) central air conditioner or air source heat pump.
- Residential LED (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you purchase energy efficient LED lighting for your home. To qualify for rebate, LED products must be ENERGY STAR® certified or Design Lights Consortium® (DLC) qualified.
Commercial & Industrial Rebates
- Lighting - New Construction (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you purchase and install qualifying lighting in a new building or an addition to, or major renovation of, an existing building.
- Lighting - Retrofit (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you replace existing lighting with qualifying, energy-efficient lighting.
- Variable Frequency Drive (PDF) - You can save energy and earn a rebate when you purchase and install a new Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) on HVAC and non-HVAC systems including fans and pumps.
Custom Rebates (Pre-Approval required)
You can save energy and earn a rebate when you purchase and install qualifying, energy-efficient equipment or take other measure to reduce energy consumption. Please contact emailing
Projects that may qualify include:
- High volume, low speed fan
- High efficiency chiller
- Rooftop AC units
- Air compressor
- Refrigeration technologies
- Commercial food service equipment
- Fast acting doors
- Variable Frequency Drives >200 hp
- Evaporator fan motor control
- Anti-sweat heat control